CULINARY & HERITAGE TOUR
The Culinary & Heritage tour is introduced for travelers who are keen to learn and relish different Cuisines and also wish to know more about Culinary Heritage of Goa. Keeping this in focus we bring in the three days Culinary and Heritage Tour Experience encompassing two days of Culinary / Cooking Workshops in various Indian and exclusive Goan Cuisine and one day’s tour of Spice Plantation and two famous heritage Museums which showcases Culinary and Agrarian artifacts of Goa. You could also opt for visit to heritage churches of Old Goa.
- Cookery classes & Workshops: Amazing two days of demonstration & hands-on cooking in different Indian and Goan Cuisine. Introduction to an array of spices and condiments & preparation of various Masalas, Chutneys & Curries.
- Market visit: Guided tour to the vibrant local farmer’s vegetable, fruit and spice market.
- Sumptuous Feast: Relish breakfast and lunch in authentic Indian and Goan delicacies.
- Traditional Indian and Goan Sweet tastings: Introduction to popular local sweets and culinary specialties such as Dodol, Bebinca, Doce, Baath, Serradura, Gulab Jamun etc.
- Spice Tea workshop: First-hand knowledge in preparation of simple spice tea and benefits of different spice tea to cure simple day to day ailments.
- Spice Plantation Tour: Visit the Spice plantation and see different spice trees and herb plants & learn their medicinal values.
- Ancestral village & Heritage Museum Tour: Explore how an ancestral Goan village looked and how different culinary, as well as daily chores, worked. Visit a Heritage house including a visit to a well-kept Goan museum will give you an insight into the tradition and culture & tradition of Goan living OR Visit the famous Old Goa Churches namely Basilica of Bom Jesus & Se Cathedral.
- Day 1: 9.30 am to 3.30 pm: (Breakfast, Market tour, Cookery Classes, Local Sweet tastings and Culinary delights etc)
- 9.30 am to 9.45 am: Arrival at Rita’s Gourmet. Welcome in a traditional Indian way followed by a brief introduction of the tour.
- 9.45 am to 11.00 am: Relish South Indian Breakfast Dosa, Uttapam, Idli, Chutney, Sambar etc. including demo cum hands on cooking in one dish. Interactive discussions on different culinary activity during the breakfast session as you enjoy live cooking.
- 10.00 am to 12.00 noon: A visit to the exciting Farmer’s vegetable/fruit / spice and seafood market. This guided tour showcases vibrant ingredients used in the day to day Cuisine and identifies different ingredients, spices, and condiments. You will also get the opportunity to purchase some of the items.
- 12.00 noon to 12.30 pm: Back to Rita’s Gourmet. Freshen up with Tender Coconut Water / Kokum Juice / Fruit juice etc. Today we prepare exclusive Goan Cuisine namely Xacuti, Cafreal, Recheado, Caldin etc. A brief introduction to the background of Goan Cuisine and also how different vegetable, fruits, and other ingredients were introduced by the Portuguese in Goa and how these ingredients have now become part of most of the cooking. Different wet and dry spices will be on display and a brief on its uses in cooking will form part of the workshop.
- 12.30 pm – 2.15 pm: Get set in your Apron and Chef Caps for a delightful demonstration cum hands on cooking. Learn to prepare Curries, Chutneys, and Pastes using different spices and condiments and apply them to cook classic Goan delicacies. Cook and savor as you celebrate the joy of cooking. During the interactive session, guests will be encouraged to participate and clarify their doubts of the day’s cooking. A hard copy of recipes will be given.
- 2.15 pm to 3.00 pm: Enjoy a sumptuous lunch with an array of dishes along with Appetizer.
- 3.00 pm to 3.15 pm: Introduction to different varieties of Goan Sweets such as Dodol, Bibanca, Bolinhas, Doce, Baath, Serradura etc and a brief on the way they are prepared in the local homes.
- 3.30 pm: Departure.
- Day 2: 9.30 am to 5.00 pm (Tour to Spice Plantation, Goan Ancestral Museum and Goa Chitra Museum etc.)
- 9.30 am to 10.00 am: Arrival at Rita’s Gourmet followed by Quick Breakfast and Beverages. Goody bags for the day’s journey (Light Snacks, Mineral Water, Juice, and Fruit) will be given to the guests.
- 10.00 am: Departure to Spice Plantation. It will take around 60 minutes to reach the Plantation.
- 10.00 am to 1.30 pm: Arrival at Spice Plantation. A guided tour will take you on a journey of the plantation which is home to most of the spice trees grown in India such as Cardamom, Clove, Chillies, Vanilla, Nutmeg, Bay leaf, Black Pepper, Lemon Grass, All Spice plant (which has a taste of five spices) and much more. You also get a chance to see tropical trees such as Pineapple, Banana, Betelnut, Jackfruit etc. You are free to gain as much knowledge as possible by asking the guide questions and they will certainly help you out. The medicinal value of these spices will also form part of knowledge tour. After the plantation tour, a traditional lunch awaits you amidst the natural habitat of flora and birds of the place.
- 1.30 pm: Proceed to visit Ancestral Goa – “Big Foot”- A Museum that showcases miniature Goan village. A rich past and tradition on display.
- 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm: Arrival at Big Foot and tour of the Ancestral Village and also a quick visit to a Portuguese House (optional).
- 3.00 pm: Departure to Goa Chitra Museum. This Museum houses a large collection of artifacts and showcases rich conventional agrarian society of Goa.
- 3.45 pm to 5 pm: Arrival at Goa Chitra Museum. Tour of the Museum.
- 5 pm: Departure.
- Day 3: 9.30 am to 3.30 pm: (Breakfast, Cookery Classes, Spice Tea Workshop etc)
- 9.30 am to 9.45 am: Arrival at Rita’s Gourmet.
- 9.45 am to 11.15 am: Relish North Indian Breakfast such as Plain and Stuffed Parathas, Tomato Chutney, Pohe, Sheera, Paneer Pakoras etc. including demo cum hands on cooking in one dish. Interactive discussion on different culinary activity conducted during the breakfast session as you enjoy live cooking.
- 11.15 am to 12.00 noon: Cultural and traditional activities.
- 12.00 noon to 2.15 pm: Today we prepare exclusive regional Indian Cuisine namely Butter Chicken, Malai Kofta, Biryani, Kheer etc. A brief introduction to the background towards the different ingredients’ that go into making these dishes. Get set in your Apron and Chef Caps for a delightful demonstration cum hands on cooking in some of these classic Indian delicacies. Relish the aromas and flavors as you savor & celebrate the joy of cooking. During the interactive session, guests will be encouraged to participate and clarify their doubts of the day’s cooking. A hard copy of recipes will be given.
- 2.15 pm to 3.00 pm: Enjoy a lovely sumptuous lunch with an array of dishes along with Appetizer.
- 3.00 pm to 3.15 pm: Introduction to a different flavor of Spice Tea. Prepare refreshing tea by using different spices such as Cardamom, Star Aniseed, Cinnamon, Lemon Grass etc and also know how local households use different Spice Teas in curing day to day ailments.
- 3.30 pm: Departure.
It is recommended, that since the tour is conducted at Dabolim which is near Airport, one could choose to stay close to Dabolim area so that they can save on daily traveling time.
For recreation around Dabolim after the day’s activity, one could visit Bogmalo Beach which is just 2 km from Rita’s Gourmet.
Of course, you also have at a distance of 5 to 10 kms some of the famous and finest resorts of South Goa which are located around the sandy and sunny beaches of Velsao, Cansaulim, Majorda, Utorda, Colva, Varca, Cavelossim etc.
Check Nearby Hotels.
Transport: The tour does not include pick up and drop. However, we can render all assistance if you could drop us a mail for advice on transfers. Travelers staying within the periphery on request will be picked up and dropped back every day from their hotel at an additional nominal cost.
COST OF THE TOUR
Rs 15,500/- (US 230 $ per person) for the three day Culinary and Heritage Tour (Minimum 2 bookings)
Call Rita’s Gourmet on (+91) 7507452225 or mail at email@example.com