|Dudhyachem Shakh/ Melgore (Pumpkin Shakh/ Melgore)|
|Pumpkin, peeled , washed and cut into 1 inch cubes||250 gms|
|Onion, finely chopped||1 no.|
|Green Chilli, chopped||2 no.|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tsp|
|Grated fresh coconut||2 tbsp|
|Salt to taste|
- Take a heavy bottom pan. When the pan is hot add oil. Let the oil become hot, add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the green chili, curry leaves, asafoetida and the chopped onion.
- Saute for a minute, add the cubed pumpkin, give a good stir, cover the pan and allow to simmer on a very low flame.
- Run a knife through a pumpkin piece to check if cooked. Pumpkin has to be cooked till al dente and not over cooked.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle the grated coconut. Mix well.
- Cover the pan for a minute. Put off the flame.
- Serve as an accompaniment with Rice or Chappati.