Spanish Cuisine: Down-to-earth is how Spanish Cuisine can be described. The Spanish culinary is based on ingredients locally available. The recipes are cooked toady the same way as it was cooked three centuries back. The prominent ingredients used in Spanish cooking are olive oil and garlic. Both ingredients being essential towards healthy leaving thus mark the Spanish population as healthy and fit. However, the country is big and regional cuisines are different to region. Liberal use of Olive Oil, Seafood and Fish, Meat, Cheese bring out great recipes. Spain is a leading producer of olive oil and olives are grown all over the south of Spain. The one dish that could be called characteristic of Spain is stew and Cocido, olla, pote, guiso, estofado or escudella are some of the Spanish terms for stew. Spanish do not only stew, they roast, fry and saute many foods. It is not as common to bake or broil, although they do grill meats on a metal plate or on a charcoal grill.
Spanish Cuisine comes rather close to Portuguese cuisine. At Rita’s Gourmet Goa one can learn and prepare the following dishes and convert their kitchen on occasions to serve some great Spanish recipes.
Starters – Tapas
- Catalan tomato bread – Pan con tomate
- Salt Cod Fritters – Bunuelos de Bacalao
- Crab Quiche
- Garlic Shrimp Tapa Recipe – Gambas al Ajillo
- Fish Croquette – croquetas pescado
- Little Pies with Tomatoes, Pepper and Chicken filling – Empanadillas de Pollo y pimiento
- Angelita’s Tuna Pie – Empanada de Atun
- Creamy leek tart – Tarta de Puerros
Salads – la ensalada
- Grilled Eggplant in Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe – Berenjena con Vinagreta
- Spanish Orange and Avocado Salad – Ensalada de Naranja Aguacate
- Spanish Potato Salad Recipe – Ensaladilla Rusa
- Spanish Cucumber Salad Recipe – Ensalada de Pepino
- Spanish Romesco Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe
- Green Salad Recipe – Ensalada Verde
- Spanish Summer Pasta Salad – Ensalada de Pasta
- Cream of Tomato with Tuna and hard boiled eggs – Sopeao-Andalusia Salad
- Salad of Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes – Pipirrana
- Roasted Tomato Salad with Olives, Eggs and Tuna – Mojete buertano
- Zucchini with Onions and Oregano – Zarangollo – Murcia
- Red Cabbage with Apples, Raisins and Pine nuts – Lombarda a la madrilène
- Crab Salad Recipe
Soups – la sopa
- Spanish Creamy Cold Tomato Soup Recipe – Salmorejo Cordobes
- Gazpacho Andaluz Recipe – Andalusian Cold Tomato Soup
- White Gazpacho Soup Recipe – Gazpacho Blanco
- Galician Broth Recipe – Caldo Gallego
- Spanish Toasted Soup Recipe – Sopa Tostada de Castilla-La Mancha
- Spanish Cream of Squash Soup Recipe – Crema de Calabaza
- Spanish Seafood Soup Recipe – Cazuela Marinera
- Cold Almond with garlic and grapes – Ajo Blanco con uvas
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup – Crème de Calabaza
Spanish Sauces – Salsas Espanolas
- Alioli: Garlic, olive oil, egg yolk and a touch lemon juice make up this extraordinarily popular sauce called alioli. Simple to make, alioli is delicious on everything from potatoes to fish and even vegetables.
- Mayonesa: Homemade Spanish mayonnaise simply made with olive oil, egg and a touch of lemon juice. It is used for many dishes, including ensaladilla rusa, the Spanish version of Potato Salad.
- Marinera: This marine sauce is based on fish stock and includes white wine, onions and touch of parsley. You might also see this sauce called pescadora. It is part of many soups and stews in the Spanish kitchen, such as Almejas a la Pescadora
- Picada: This sauce is made from roasted almonds, hazelnuts or pine nuts, garlic, parsley and olive oil. All these ingredients are then mashed together.
- Romesco: This tasty sauce is made of tomatoes, roasted almonds, olive oil and vinegar. It is served with fish, seafood barbequed green onions.
- Samfaina: This vegetable sauce is made of garlic, onions, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and of course, olive oil.
- Sofrito: A Sauce made of tomatoes, garlic, onions and olive oil. Sometimes it includes peppers as well. It can be accompany dishes such as tortilla espanola or it may be an ingredient in a dish.
- Verde: This sauce owes its name and color to the parsley that is the main ingredient. It also includes garlic, olive oil and white wine. It is used in many fish and shellfish dishes.
- Vinagreta: Spanish vinaigrette is made by mixing vinegar, olive oil, onions and herbs. Sometimes capers or sardines are added for a bit of extra flavor.
- Mojos: This sauce is made with vinegar and oil and served cold, as an accompaniment to potatoes, meat and fish. Mojos can be red or green and sometimes spicy.
Chicken and Fish Recipe -el pollo y pescado la receta
- Garlic Chicken & Sun Dried Tomato – Pollo al Ajillo con Tomatoes Secos
- Roast Chicken with Apples and Grapes – Pollo con Manzanasy Uvas
- Chicken Breast in Paprika Sauce
- Easy Extremena Style Chicken Recipe – Pollo a la Extremena
- Roasted Garlic Chicken – Pollo al Horno con Ajo
- Spiced Chicken with Pears – Pollo con Peras
- Spanish Chicken in Sauce – Pollo en Salsa
- Kingfish cooked in cider – Pescado a la sidra
- Pan grilled fish with garlic and chilly dressing – Pescado a la bilbaina
- Fish in Onion and Saffron Sauce – Pescado en Amarillo
- Fish with caramelized onions flambéed with Rum – Pescado con cebolla confitada al ron
- Fish and seafood in saffron béchamel – Bechamel de mariscos
Lamb Recipe-el cordero la receta
- Tiny grilled lamb chops with potatoes – Chuletitas de cordero a la parilla con patatas
- Lamb stew with Honey – Cordero a la miel
- Marinated leg of lamb – Cordero en adobo de Guadalajara
Paella & Pasta based recipe
- Seafood paella – Arroz a la marinera
- Chicken, Shrimp and bean paella – Arroz valenciana
- Baked Rice with Currants and Chickpeas – Arroz al borno con pasas y garbanzos
- Pasta with peas, chicken or shrimp and lamb chops – fideos en pollo o gamba y el cordero
- Seafood pasta – fideua catalonia
Dessert – el postre
- Orange flan – Flan de naranja
- Flan – Creme Caramel
- Creme Brulee with a Spanish flavour
- Rice Pudding – Arroz con leche
- Egg and Sugar Syrup Flan – Tocieno de cielo
- Fried cream – leche frita
- Fresh fruit stewed in wine – Compota de fruitas
- Crepes filled with Custard – Frisuelos con crema pastelera
- Walnut Cake with Brandy – Tarta de Nuez con Brandy
- Egg Yolks Sweets – Yemas de santa teresa
- Toledan marizipan – marzipan de toledo
For registration to learn Spanish cuisine call 7507452225 OR mail at email@example.com OR / AND Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org OR Leave Feedback. We conduct classes for small batches and register group bookings.